Flashback Friday (Part 62) - Special Forces

July 9, 2010

While Carson was here for part of the summer after our beach vacation, we had to watch the latest movie she's obsessed with called Dear John. The main character falls in love with a girl while on leave from Afghanastan where he serves as a Green Beret.

A lightbulb went off.

Carson realized her Dad was a Green Beret before he got out of the Army in 2001. She always knew he was in the military while she was little but didn't remember to what extent. The two hour movie was close to three because we kept pausing so she could ask questions as well as dig out Tim's dress uniform.
green beret, army
This may also explain why our house is a battlefield these days, he's OCD and has tried to kill me.

This Flashback Friday is for those who serve in the military and their families who support them.

Now it's your turn.

Find an old picture like Cathy and Naunie and share a story about it. Flashback Friday has no real rules other than to have fun. Please share the link in comments to your actual post and not main blog for others to find you. If you'd like the button, here's the code to include. There's a square option on the side.




www.WebSavvyMom.com

12 Comment:

Salt July 9, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

Great picture of her. She's so cute swimming in that jacket!

Naunie July 9, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

I'm joining in on Flashback Friday for the first time. Love the story behind your pic.

My picture and story are on my new blog at: http://nauniesnook.com/2010/07/09/daddy%e2%80%99s-little-girl/
It's a brand new blog so there is very little content but that will change. Have a good weekend!

Anonymous,  July 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

oooh, I am in deep like with your wave header!

Di

Vodka Logic July 9, 2010 at 2:38 PM  

I haven't seen the movie, I'll check it out..

Love the picture. :)

KatBouska July 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

She actually looks a lot like you in that picture! Super cute. :)

Mama Hen July 9, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

Great picture! You have a new follower from Friday Follow! Come visit me at Mama's Little Chick.

Mama Hen
www.mamaslittlechick.com

joanna July 10, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

Interesting blog -- nice photos but the "rat" kinda sad.
Came by Friday follower, and joined your special blog come and visit
Joanny
http://thedowsersdaughter.blogspot.com/

Anonymous,  July 11, 2010 at 4:57 AM  

I haven't seen the movie yet. I wanted to, but then everyone talked so much about it and ruined it for me.

I'm still debating.

Liz Mays July 11, 2010 at 10:04 AM  

She's fun. I'm pretty sure my daughter would have done this type of thing too!

I have yet to see that movie, or read the book!

The Urban Cowboy July 11, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

Haven't seen the movie yet, anything with Dear John I tend to keep away from. That's the way to sport class A's!

Cathy July 11, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

That's a great picture of her!

oh, and super cool new header!

Alexandra July 12, 2010 at 1:23 AM  

Hi, followed you over from suzy soro. (who I adore)

I agree with the others,love the look of your header, and your blog.

It'll be fun getting to know you.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please include your blog address so I can visit your site too.
You can also find me at http://www.facebook.com/WebSavvyMom and on Twitter at http://www.Twitter.com/DebThaxton.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

WebSavvyMom's Favorite Pictures

Blog Archive

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Number of visitors:

  © Blogger template On The Road by 2009

Back to TOP