Booze Day - Jalapeno Bloody Mary (Guest Post)

January 10, 2011

Booze Day with Friends from CathyHasAntsyPants.com

I love a good Bloody Mary.

After I read Deb's Thanksgiving Day recap post and saw that her husband Tim had found a new Bloody Mary recipe I knew I needed to try it. She sent me the recipe so I could do a review, and I wasn't disappointed!

Jalapeno Bloody Mary
(aka Tim's Bloody Mary from the toolkit):
 3 oz Pepper Vodka - I used Absolut Peppar
2 oz Bloody Mary Mix - I used Mr & Mrs T's Bold & Spicy
2 oz V8 - I used Spicy Hot V8
1/2 tsp horseradish
pinch pepper
pinch celery salt
pinch garlic powder
dash Tabasco
dash Worcestershire
Serve over ice
Rim with lime and celery salt
Garnish with pickled jalapenos and celery stalk

Jalepeno Bloody Mary ingredients

This recipe is excellent. All the things a good Bloody should be: tomato-y but not overly so, spicy but not so hot it burns. This is very similar to the recipe I usually use, however my recipe doesn't call for the Bloody Mary Mix. Basically because you're using so many of the spices already you don't need the mix. However, I think the mix helped add some depth of flavor that was missing from my recipe. A few modifications I made were to add a tiny bit of lime juice and olive juice. I will also add a pickle next time, because for me, the garnishes are like a little meal and I love me some pickles.

Overall, I'm in love with this recipe. The best part of making your own Bloody's is that you can adjust it to your tastes. If you like it extra spicy add some more Tabasco or horseradish, need a more mellow drink, use less of the spicy elements and more tomato juice. I suggest starting with this recipe and then adjusting to taste if need be.

Follow this recipe and you'll get a classic Bloody Mary; easy to drink and sure to keep you warm.

Jalepeno Bloody Mary recipe
Deb's Thoughts: Cathy is regularly drunk doing updates on her blog with various booze reviews. Be sure to click here to read through them and make sure it's shaken and not stirred. Unless it's a beer. Or supposed to be stirred. Your choice. Thanks Cathy and til we drink meet again!
www.WebSavvyMom.com

11 Comment:

Cathy January 10, 2011 at 10:01 AM  

I enjoyed one of these yesterday, while watching the Packers destroy the Eagles. It was wonderful, as usual. Thanks for hosting Booze Day!

Unknown January 10, 2011 at 10:11 AM  

I think I will try this next weekend with the wings I have been craving! Thanks for sharing!

Macey January 10, 2011 at 12:14 PM  

I will have to try one of these!! :)

Anonymous,  January 10, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

I like Bloody Marys too, but have to watch out when Hubby makes them. He gets carried away with the vodka!!

Di

Anonymous,  January 10, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

Yummy! I've never had one with a pickle garnish. Sounds good though.

Vodka Logic January 10, 2011 at 4:44 PM  

Yum, anything with vodka duh... and celery salt is a go for me. Cathy got me hooked on the Kraken so this should be good too.

And for a garnish I like a shrimp hooked over the edge. :)

rory January 10, 2011 at 10:20 PM  

The only thing you gotta add is rim the glass with lime juice and Old Bay.
It's over the moon, baby.

SurferWife January 10, 2011 at 11:37 PM  

Now I need one of these right now. And all I have on hand is the tabasco.

I guess I'll settle for guzzling tabasco.

MommyLisa January 11, 2011 at 2:30 PM  

Cathy needs to setup a review of the drink called "The Aviator" I read about it and it sounds yum. But I think she and I should do it together - with a sober cab.

:)

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! January 11, 2011 at 2:49 PM  

This sounds amazing! I'm so happy Cathy guest posted so I could find your blog!

Bloody Mary January 12, 2011 at 11:06 AM  

This is GREAT Stuff! Lately I've really gotten into infusing vodka with everything from bacon to cucumber. It really makes for interesting Bloody Mary Recipes

Cheers!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please include your blog address so I can visit your site too.
You can also find me at http://www.facebook.com/WebSavvyMom and on Twitter at http://www.Twitter.com/DebThaxton.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

WebSavvyMom's Favorite Pictures

Blog Archive

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Number of visitors:

  © Blogger template On The Road by 2009

Back to TOP