About Deb

August 8, 2009

Deb aka Web-Savvy MomWelcome to WebSavvyMom.com where there are a lot of pictures, stories, tech tips to improve your computer skills and misspelled words are not encouraged but happen. I'm not perfect.

My name is Deb, a 30-something wife, mother, step-mother and dog owner of two labs. We entertain a lot and spend time with family and friends. I chronicle it all through pictures with my spin on what happened and post on this blog. Any resemblance to the truth is reserved by me because well, this is my blog.

To keep the lights on at home, I work as a web manager by day. I am by no means an expert but do know some shortcuts and tips on the computer and from time to time share them here.

My blackberry iPhone is rarely out of my sight because I'd be lost without it. I love reading email, using instant messenger, facebook and most recently twitter.

Some common cast of characters seen on this site include in no particular order and with their real names...

My Family:
Tim – IT guy, known for 13 years and married for eight
Troy – 4 3/4 year old son
Cary – 18-year-old step-son who lives in Kentucky
Carson – 16-year old step-daughter who lives in Kentucky

My Siblings:Older sister Tricia and her children Taylor and Dylan
Older brother Mike
"The Neighbors"
Chris and Caroline with their two daughters Alexis and Morgan and newest addition, Ethan

During the summer, we love to spend time outside on the back deck, grilling, drinking beer and watching the kids play with frequent trips to my parents' lake house. In the Fall, our house shifts into full scale college football watching. I graduated from Virginia Tech in the late '90s with a degree in Communications. If you've ever met a Hokie fan, you know it. We're a "hokie nation" of our own. At the start of the year, we usually take on numerous DIY projects and in the Spring get ready for summer by taking care of the yard and garden.

This blog randomly shares aspects of all these things. I write to amuse myself and hope it extends to you as well. You can learn more about me here.

Please follow along by subscribing in one of the many RSS/reader options and leave comments. If you feel comfortable, please include your email or blog address so I can respond.

Because I like to have the last word.
www.WebSavvyMom.com

4 Comment:

Theta Mom August 19, 2009 at 6:46 AM  

In the Fall, our home turns into a football house, too. The NFL actually and so I basically don't see my husband on Sunday's until after the Superbowl! LOL

Jacki August 27, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

Wow...Your house sounds alot like mine!
Life in a whirlwind.
Thaks for stopping by my blog for my 100th post. Good luck on the giveaway!

Ron Cooper March 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM  

Hi Deb,

Found your nice blog on Blog Hop, and am following you on Google Friends Connect. Check out mine, and follow back if you would like.

Ron

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

Anna Whiston-Donaldson July 15, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

I drive down your way quite a bit!

Thanks for sharing about yourself.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please include your blog address so I can visit your site too.
You can also find me at http://www.facebook.com/WebSavvyMom and on Twitter at http://www.Twitter.com/DebThaxton.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

WebSavvyMom's Favorite Pictures

Blog Archive

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Number of visitors:

  © Blogger template On The Road by 2009

Back to TOP