Flashback Friday (part 9) - Snowboarding Crash of the Year (again)

February 5, 2010

Since many of you weren't with me when I started Flashback Friday, I'm reposting Part 6 because I absolutely love these pictures. 
As I mentioned in a previous post, Tim and I enjoyed a wonderful trip to Jackson Hole, WY a few years ago with The Neighbors, aka Caroline and Chris.

To communicate on the mountain, we each carry a walkie talkie so we know when and where to rendezvous if we get separated. By separated, I mean --I fall so hard off my skis that cries of "yard sale" get screamed at me from the ski lift overhead.

On one trip down the slopes, Chris and I got separated from Caroline and Tim. After stopping mid-mountain, we heard nothing but continuous laughing coming over the walkie talkie. It was Caroline, gasping for breath through the tears.


Then silence.

They finally caught up to us and we found out what happened. Tim had decided to jump off trail on his snowboard and had a bit of a battle with a tree stump.


The tree stump won.

Caroline grabbed her camera and took this picture of Tim. Please note the location of the snowboard, the tree stump and Tim's head pointing down the mountain.Falling on snowboard
Caroline was able to help him but not til she took another picture.

That's my husband.

Now it's your turn.

Find an old picture and share a story about it or why you wanted to share it now. Flashback Friday has no real rules other than to have fun. Please share the link in comments to your actual post and not main blog for others to find you.
If you'd like the button, here's the code to include. There's a square option to your left as well.






www.WebSavvyMom.com

15 Comment:

Cathy February 5, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

OMG! Hilarious! I love that his wife took pics before helping him up!

Here's my flashback for today, featuring my adorable niece!

Unknown February 5, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

Now that's a true friend!

Tara February 5, 2010 at 1:06 PM  

Following your From Follow Friday! Would love to have you follow me too!

Also, come by and join our Follow Me Friday to get even more followers.

http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/2010/02/follow-me-fridays.html

Have a wonderful weekend! Tara @ Trendy Treehouse

Latsyrc728 February 5, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

lol...you got to love those pictures. Very pretty blog! I am following from Friday Follow: http://www.thriftyandfrugalliving.com

Mommyof2girlz/StephD February 5, 2010 at 2:25 PM  

Great pictures...lol! Stopping in from Follow Me Friday. I'm already a follower but just wanted to say hello :)

Jami February 5, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

I am stopping by from Follow Me Friday. Love the post! LOL

Vodka Logic February 5, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

Ouch.. I hope he was ok. looks like the "jewels" were luckily spared.

Working Mommy February 5, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

Wow...he must have had to do some pretty fancy footwork to get his board stuck like that...fun though I'm sure!!

~WM

Tracie February 5, 2010 at 10:44 PM  

Ouch! Love that you took pictures of him.

sanjeet February 6, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

Hilarious! I love that his wife took pics before helping him up!


Work from home India

Anonymous,  February 6, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

Fabulous idea. Thanks for participating in Friday Follow. I am catching up to the links. Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/

Robyn Campbell February 7, 2010 at 10:21 AM  

Found you from Friday follow. Love your blog. =)

HeartsMakeFamilies February 8, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

LOL Love this post. Welcome to the Friday Follow. I'm your newest follower. So glad to have you with us.

Tami
www.heartsmakefamilies.com

Hissyfits & Halos February 9, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

Buah ha ha ha! I love it!

I wish I could just carry a camera in my pocket constantly.

There was a time when my husband was hanging a tree swing that would have made for some great pix! ;)

Lora February 12, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

oh man. That would SO not happen to me because you couldn't even get me out in the snow! I didn't even leave my house for two days in this last storm!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please include your blog address so I can visit your site too.
You can also find me at http://www.facebook.com/WebSavvyMom and on Twitter at http://www.Twitter.com/DebThaxton.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

WebSavvyMom's Favorite Pictures

Blog Archive

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Number of visitors:

  © Blogger template On The Road by 2009

Back to TOP