Flashback Friday - (explanation/part 1) - Partying Like it was 1999

December 24, 2008

I'm introducing a new feature where every Friday I'll post an old digital picture that I haven't necessarily looked at in awhile and explain why I like it and what was going on in the photo. The new element to this blog will be called...(drum roll)...Flashback Friday.

(Catchy, right? These are the things going through my head in the middle of the night when I can't sleep and Tim is snoring.) I even made this snazzy banner and will add it as a category to the side in case you miss a week.



On New Year's Eve 1999, we went to CC's party in Annapolis, MD. Everyone dressed up, brought a bottle of booze and mostly ignored the keg of beer that sat outside on the deck by the hot tub.

Early on in the evening we had many group picture shots before things got a little wild. In this picture are from left to right, Deb (me), Kay, Katie, Jen, CC and Miss Meg. Since this picture was taken four of us have had at least one baby and five have gotten married.
The best part of this party was that the entire world was fearful of the Y2K bug as you may recall. It was the fear that at the stroke of midnight when the clocks changed to 01/01/00 that all computer systems that had been using two digit numbers for the year would flip to 1900. There was a lot of talk during the party over cocktails as to the fate of all the computer systems around the world. So geniously, CC snuck to the basement just as everyone was gathering around the televisions to watch the ball drop and she cut all power to the house. The screams of terror in complete darkness was one of the funniest things I've every experienced in my life.She turned the power back on in plenty of time for us to watch the ball drop in Times Square but I suspect no one really remembers the stroke of midnight but the few minutes in the dark just before.

1 Comment:

R December 27, 2008 at 10:47 PM  

Deb
Found you on Pioneer Woman's blog-
We share the same last name
We're in GA
Would love to share/hear what you know about your family's history-
robinthackston@bellsouth.net

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please include your blog address so I can visit your site too.
You can also find me at http://www.facebook.com/WebSavvyMom and on Twitter at http://www.Twitter.com/DebThaxton.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

WebSavvyMom's Favorite Pictures

Blog Archive

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Number of visitors:

  © Blogger template On The Road by 2009

Back to TOP