To Sunbathe or Not Sunbathe?

July 8, 2008

I love the sun. I like it to be up before me in the a.m. and I like to watch it go down in the evening. I love to be outside when it's warm and soak up the sun's rays. As I learned on Spring Break '98 in Key West, "fat looks better tan; so take your clothes off!"
Although I have gotten better at wearing sunscreen, my body has responded to this sun exposure by giving me more and more freckles. What used to be so prominent on my face as a child has slowly worked their way down my body. I embrace them and guess what, I'm preventing Cancer!

What? But sun exposure gives you skin cancer! Not exactly!

I had a physical yesterday and after going over the family health history and how cancer runs rampant, I was told by Dr. Holt, Vitamin D doses daily can help prevent cancer.
For those of you who are a little behind, our bodies create Vitamin D with exposure to the sun Without sunscreen.
Yankees living in northern states and across the border into Canada don't get as much sun exposure as those in the South and are thus more prone to cancer.
So, I will be swinging by the old drugstore this weekend and purchasing my Vitamin D pills before putting on sunscreen and expanding my freckle count.
Someone requested a picture of the new 'do. Here it is and notice all those freckles?



A friend gave me a sign recently that said, "A face without freckles is like a sky without stars."

0 Comment:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please include your blog address so I can visit your site too.
You can also find me at http://www.facebook.com/WebSavvyMom and on Twitter at http://www.Twitter.com/DebThaxton.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

WebSavvyMom's Favorite Pictures

Blog Archive

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Number of visitors:

  © Blogger template On The Road by 2009

Back to TOP